Super Mario War
This is a great FREE homebrew multiplayer Mario game for Windows, Mac, Linux, Xbox & PSP! The features include four players deathmatch fun! Different game modes and a level editor so you can create your own maps!
Super Mario War 1.8 Beta 1 Released!
It is finally here! Here is SMW 1.8 Beta 1 for PC:
The xbox build is available in the usual places...
Here is a quick break down of what is new:
- New world match type and world editor (prototype) with working screenshots
* Stages, paths, bridges, lots of the stuff from SMB3
* Item menu system with new types of multiplayer style items like change controls, score multipliers and stage resurection
* Moving stages in the form of hammer brothers and tanks
* Bonus houses to visit and a pipe minigame to play
* Doors/keys and warp pipes
* New pipe minigame
- Added suicide timer so players that sit still for too long will countdown and die
- New enemies: spiny, buzzy beetle, paragoomba and parakoopas to stomp
- New powerups: freeze wand, podobo, bomb, tanooki, leaf and pwings powerups
- New map hazards added: flame cannon, bullet bills, pirhana plants, fireball strings, and rotodiscs
- New map items: Springs, Spikes and Kuribo's Shoe!
- New modes: Greed, Collection, Health and Phanto
- Added hidden blocks option to note blocks, powerup blocks, flip blocks
- Added ability to search map field for more than just a single character by typing multiple chars
- Added glide option to chicken in chicken mode (unlimited leaf powerup for player that is the chicken)
- Added new jail key item to jail mode
- Added exploding eggs option to Yoshi's eggs mode
- Added center flag option to capture the flag mode
- Added 3 new map filters for item destroyable blocks, hidden blocks, and map hazards
- Added push only kills option to timed and frag modes (sumo mode)
- Added two new types of platform paths -> continuous path and ellipse path
- Updated straight paths to allow the path to be at any angle, not just vertical and horizontal
- Added team specific spawn areas
- Added new options to yoshi's eggs mode to allow for 4 different colors of yoshis and eggs
- Added warp lock options - enterance only, exit only, both, whole connection, all warps
- Added kill credits for pushing other players into hazards
- Added mode specific extra time powerup for time limit and star modes
- Level editor can now specify where flag bases and race goals will start in a map
- Updated bonus wheel - only 10 bonuses are displayed and the player can choose when to stop the spinner
- Added 11 new tile types: Including right and left death tiles, ice solid on top, ice + death and super death tiles
- Added weapon destroyable blocks that can only be destroyed by that weapon - i.e. fireball breakable blocks, hammer breakable blocks, etc.
- Added fish, snow, leaves, rain and bubble eyecandy availalbe in 3 different layers
- Flipped over shells when hit with POW, MOd, spin attack or bounced from below
- Red and Gray throwable blocks (bounce and keep going when they hit a player/enemy)
- New spin move for tail and cape powerups
- Allow powerup weights to be specified in the map and added options to use weights from game, map or an average of both
- Added two alternate modes to jail "Owned" and "Free for All". Named the 1.7 jail mode to "Classic"
- New animated tileset that gives you complete control over animated tiles in multiple layers
- New tail powerup that can spin attack and allow the player to float down slowly
- Added super stomp move to kuribo's shoe and tanooki statue
- New "poof" gfx for transforming player into different forms
- Expanded tilesets - allows player to use any number of customized tileset inside the game (ships with SMB1, SMB2, SMB3 and SMWorld)
- New blue and orange note blocks
- Removed dependency on tileset.tls -> this file is now only used for default tile types assigned in the level editor
- Added ability to jump off of falling donut blocks
- Added mode settings to tours -> all mode settings are now settable using the tour file and old tour files are still supported (settings default to what they are set in the game mode menu)
- Added view blocks (from AFE), similar to powerup block except you can see what you're going to get when you hit it
- And tons more stuff!